Repair guides and support for phones produced by Google.

How to remove wood deck nail out of metal holding board

Need to replace rotted wood deck board that has been screwed down with nail into metal bracing. Our deck is totally constructed of metal bracing. We have to remove nail from metal first. Using a battery operated screwdriver to pull nail up doesn't do it. Any other ideas or getting nail out of metal so we can remove rotted board to be replaced.

Try to get nail cutters and cut the nail and then hit the bord so the wood come out. You and also try to hit the metal so it bends, and then try to take the nail out. Sorry this is the best idea I could come up with

Thank you for this answer. I wish there was a way to post a photo. There isn't much of a way to cut the nail, since it is embedded into the wood, them metal. You can see the bottom of the nail underneath sticking out. I think it might work if you could saw the rotted board off as close to the nail as you can get, then try to cut the nail out somehow. The rotted wood is not so much a problem, as getting the nail out of the metal, so we can replace with new wood & screw nail.

jacqueline will be eternally grateful.