Model A1842. Released September 2017, the revision to Apple's 4th generation set-top-box featuring an A10X Fusion processor and 3 GB of RAM.

Does the Apple TV 4K have a fan on the bottom? Just curious.

It looks like (from pictures) that the Apple TV 4K has a vent on the bottom. I’m wondering if it has an active cooling solution (i.e. with a fan) or is just passive cooling (without a fan).

Really want to see the teardown for this one! A10X with active cooling might be a screamer.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Until someone does a teardown we won't know for sure.

I suspect there is a fan and a heat pipe system. Why do I think that? If you review the images you'll see there is no other opening for the air to enter or exit (chimney effect) for a passive system. The air must be coming in on one slot set and exiting on the other side on the bottom being moved by a fan.

Reid Fleishman will be eternally grateful.