Model A1224 / Mid 2007 and Early 2008 / 2, 2.4, or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Hard drive fan part no

Hi all,

Have sluggish iMac. Beach ball spins most of the time and it takes an age to to anything.

I've run the Apple Hardware Test and get a

4MOT/1/40000003:HDD-1447 error. Reading on the Apple support forums suggests its a Hard drive fan problem rather than the Hard drive itself.

Can anyone tell me the part number for a new fan?

Cheers

There are conflicting reports on what this error means. To help identify it download a free program called Temperature Monitor: http://www.bresink.com/osx/TemperatureMo...

Next download and run SMC Fan control: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23049/s...

Try to find out if it's a fan problem or a overheating hard drive problem.

The fan part number is probably 822-8154. But to be sure please give the last three letters of your serial number to make sure I have he right machine.

Thanks Mayer. Appreciate the help.

If after running these tests I find it is the fan, do you know the part no. ? I'd rathe get the part before opening up the Mac.

Hello, I have this error aswell. But no numbers after: 4MOT/1/40000003:HDD

It's just that. I installed thethe fan control program, they seem to be alive. and the the highest temperature was 60C. My system still freezes. The last three letters of the serialnumber are x87. Do you have any idea perhaps?

What happened to you as of today?

I'm getting the same error with AHT, in fact my hard disk died today.

Yesterday I managed to get SMC Fan Control working, and reported that the HDD fan was running over 1500 rpms, so I take for granted that is ok :(

JamesT will be eternally grateful.