The Canon EOS Rebel T3, also known as the 1100D, is a continuation of Canon's entry-level line of DSLR cameras, the Rebel series. It features an 18 MP sensor and a DIGIC 4 image processor.

Why does my laptop not recognise the camera when plugged in via USB?

When I plug in my Canon DSLR 1100D, the computer pops up with a the message "USB Device Not Recognised". After clicking the message popup, it said it was error 'Code 43'. This type of error typically suggests that there is something wrong with the connected device.

I've tried the camera with two other laptops, all displaying the same message, as well as using different USB cables each time. I've tried unplugging everything else, restarting laptop and removing it's battery, updating the camera's firmware, installing the latest version of EOS Utility 2, all to no avail.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Does the camera work okay otherwise? Can you take photos? Can you browse photos etc?

Yes, it works fine. No capturing or image-previewing problems, and I can still transfer files from the SD card into my laptop. I am starting to believe it just has a faulty USB port. I have bought another camera of the exact same model (Canon EOS 1100D) and the computer recognizes it perfectly.

I needed the USB because I capture straight into some animation software, but I never use it to copy images over to the laptop. Do you think I might have any luck with the old camera?

Apparently this camera will support the "Eye-Fi wireless SD" cards. I would look into wireless transfer technology assuming that the software you are using would support this way of moving the data across. This has me wondering if my little sony point and shoot camera would support such wireless sd cards as well since I hate fooling with cables or removing media just to transfer data.

Fickney Hickney Productions will be eternally grateful.