A1418 | EMC 2889 | Late 2015 | 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 or 2.8 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5. Released October 13, 2015.

Is there no way to replace a new iMac's glass panel?

Hey all,

So I unfortunately cracked my iMac's glass screen, and it's a late 2015 model — it looks like Apple fused the glass to the LCD display for these, making it such that you have to replace the entire display instead of just the glass.

I know this question has been asked before, but most of the posts I've seen are 2 - 4 years old at this point. Surely by now someone has come up with a way around this?

If not, I also have a dead Late 2012 iMac at home. Would it be possible to use the display from that?

Thanks!!

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

Sorry, you are correct the cover glass is glued to the LCD panel and can't be replaced by its self. And, no you can't use the older 2012 panel as the displays are very different!

Time for a new display assembly ;-{

diego will be eternally grateful.