Small media streaming device that plugs directly into your TV's HDMI port. Originally released by Amazon in November 2014. The latest version comes with a voice-activated remote.

My remote is not working and I can't connect my Wi-Fi for my phone

My fire stick remote stopped working and my WIFI is not connected to my firestick so I can't connect my fire stick app on my phone to my fire stick on the TV how can I fix this problem without ordering a new remote?? Please and thank you!

I just fixed mine with the same problem! I could not get the remote to operate the firestick and unfortunately the Wifi was not connected yet so I could not yet use my phone App.

Turned out my remote was not working.

Here is how to work around it:

I borrowed another remote to get the firestick online.

How to Pair a new remote to a firestick:

So you get to the input/screen on your tv where you can view the firestick.

Make sure to put in fresh new batteries in the new/borrowed remote or you might deive yourself crazy!

1. unplug the power to the fire stick. Wait 10seconds

2. Re-plug the power to the firestick. Watch the firestick boot up on your screen

3. Press select (middle round button) and home button at the same time - I had to hold mine for 45 seconds; I got a message that a new remote was connected!

Then you can get your firestick online with Wifi - then just start using your phone

I had this same issue. My husband unplugged the Fire Stick both from the wall and from the TV. But if your fire stick isn’t connected to WiFi, I don’t see how it would work at all? After unplugging it, he went to settings > remote control and it recognized the remote and its working fine now. I hope this will help you.

If you click on settings the remote is working

There is an app you can use, Fire TV, but you have to have the device and your phone connected to the same Wi-Fi for it to work unfortunately.

Natasha Lopez will be eternally grateful.