Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Ghosting and Touch Freezes gone after updating iOS to 11?

My iPhone 6 Plus has been a big headache for me for the last 4-5 months due to this ghosting and intermittent touch freezes issues. I can't recall which version of iOS 10 trigger this issue but it has been my suspicion that the cause was Apple's software. I was hoping to create a Poll to keep track but it looks like that is not an option that is available?

Anyway, it's been about 12+ hours since I've updated my iOS to 11 via iTunes and my phone appears to be working normal again. If you haven't replaced your iPhone, then could you update your iOS to 11 to see if the ghosting and touch freeze issues have gone away? Then please come back and let me/community know so we all can track it?

I would be so disappointed in Apple if this was a known issue that they hid and refused to admit. They supposedly care for their customers yet in this case ended up screwing us since from what I've seen, people have paid to replace their iPhones, which they were not at fault for it not working correctly. Shoot, I was ready to go in this Friday to replace my phone but I might be in luck if my phone continues to work normally (fingers cross).

I've just updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 11 and it seems the touch problem disappear... Will update in a few hours later to confirm this...

I thought it was just me! It has been 3 days since I did the upgrade and I no longer have the touch problem! I couldn't go 10 minutes without it acting up and now it is as if it never happened!

Most Helpful Answer

Sorry guy you have Touch Disease! This is a known issue, here’s more: Apple responds to Touch Disease.

Socrates will be eternally grateful.