Both cameras are black and flashlight doesn't work

Hi everyone,

I recently replaced my iPhone 5s battery. Everything worked well except for both cameras and flashlight. Camera app is not taking pictures and the screen is always black. The flashlight doesn't light at all, the button comes unchecked as soon as I push it. I reopened the case and checked all the connectors, did a complete reset, tried to use the old battery but nothing changed. I can't explain why this problem could happen on both cameras, nothing seems to be loose or broken. Maybe there is a problem on the logic board? Thanks

There are a few things that can cause this issue. I would first try a hard reset...holding the power and home button for 10 seconds or so. If that doesnt work, try to Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings". This won't delete any files or apps on your iPhone but erase your preferred settings on the apps. After the resetting, open the camera app and see if it works okay now.

If not: Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" and choose "Erase All Content and Settings". This will delete all files and third-party apps on your iPhone so it should be the last resort. To not lose any data, back up your iPhone before factory reset (If important photos are lost after factory reset, recover iPhone/iPad photos with iCloud/iTunes backup).

If none of those work, check the Filters near the Flex connection on the logic board to see if they have continuity or have been damaged or knocked off the board.

Before doing the factory reset, I would definitely check the filters first but never hurts to have a full backup of your phone either way.

I already tried every possibile reset. I will check the filters like you said, do you have any image of the location of camera filters? Thanks

Hmmm...

The only common denominator between those three is the CPU. Let's put that aside for now as it seems unlikely to be the problem.

I would check the voltage on the PP2V85_CAM_AVDD rail. It drives both cameras and the RCAM also sends an enable signal to the Strobe circuit (RCAM_TO_LEDDRV_STROBE_EN). In theory, if 2V85 is bad, then both cameras stop working and the enable signal to the Flash is missing, hence no flashlight.

Francesco will be eternally grateful.