Is it possible to swap battery from iPhone 6 or 7?

I have an iPhone 6s, unfortunately the battery on this is 1715 mAH which is not pretty good. Whereas the iPhone 6 has 1810 mAH and iPhone 7 has a better 1960 mAH. Hence I was thinking is it possible to swap out the battery on my iPhone 6s with either iPhone 6 or iPhone 7. I do know that the swap of batteries is not recommended, but I wanted to know if it is possible as I'm trying to test things. Please assist. Thank You.

The iPhone 6P / 6S/ 6SP / 7 / 7P all use the same connector but the battery connector flexes are of different lengths. While I haven't tried this, IMO, you should not use an iPhone 7 battery in an iPhone 6S. You could try bending over the flex but this is an Li-Ion battery we are talking about here...fire hazard galore.

For the record, the difference between the iPhone 6S and 6 batteries is only about 5% and the difference between the iPhone 7 and iPhone 6S is only about 12%. Those are theoretical differences. Batteries are like cakes, you follow the recipe but always get a slightly different result. Just because it says 1715mAh doesn't mean it is.

Download either coconutBattery (Mac) or 3uTools (Windows) to see the actual battery design capacity.

atchutha raman will be eternally grateful.