Freezer and Fridge not cooling but fan is working

The fridge and freezer are not cooling at all. However the fan in the freezer is turning. Using a kill-a-watt, I can see that the fridge is using 60 watt (without the light). Which (I believe) is much lower than it should if the compressor would be working. Using a flat screw driver, I turn the defrost timer out of its cycle it will go to 2 watt and then back to its 60 watt. If I set the cooling knob to 0, it shut's off to zero watt.

I just moved in this house and this is a fridge that wasn't plug for 6 months. But it was working before the owner said. The make is kenmore but the model number is erased. It's a top freezer, probably from ~2005 ish years.

Update: The compressor is decently hot and the current seems to be reaching the compressor using a non-contact voltage tester.

Cause 1

Condenser Coils are Dirty

The condenser coils are usually located under the refrigerator. They dissipate heat as refrigerant passes through them. If the condenser coils are dirty, they won’t dissipate the heat effectively. As debris builds up on the coils, the refrigerator becomes less efficient, causing the refrigerator to work harder to cool down. If the coils are significantly dirty, the refrigerator will not be able to maintain the proper temperature. Check the condenser coils to determine if they are dirty—if the condenser coils are dirty, clean them.

Cause 2

Condenser Fan Motor

The condenser fan motor draws air though the condenser coils and over the compressor. If the condenser fan motor is not working properly, the refrigerator won’t cool properly. To determine if the fan motor is defective, first check the fan blade for obstructions. Next, try turning the fan motor blade by hand. If the blade does not spin freely, replace the condenser fan motor. If no obstructions are present and the fan blade spins freely, use a multimeter to test the fan motor for continuity. If the condenser fan motor does not have continuity, replace it.

Cause 3

Evaporator Fan Motor

The evaporator fan motor draws air over the evaporator (cooling) coils and circulates it throughout the refrigerator and freezer compartments. Some refrigerators have more than one evaporator fan motor. On refrigerators with only one evaporator, the evaporator is located in the freezer compartment. If the evaporator fan is not working, it will not circulate the cold air to the refrigerator compartment. If this occurs, the freezer may still get cold, while the refrigerator will not get cold. To determine if the evaporator fan motor is defective, try turning the fan blade by hand. If the fan blade does not turn freely, replace the fan motor. Additionally, if the motor is unusually noisy, replace it. Finally, if the motor does not run at all, use a multimeter to test the motor windings for continuity. If the windings do not have continuity, replace the evaporator fan motor.

Thanks for the reply,

1) The condenser coils were pretty clean, but I clean them a little extra to be sure

2) I do not have a condenser fan since the coils are along the back.

3) The evaporator Fan works well.

Would you have other hints?

Thank you,

Alexandre Lacoste will be eternally grateful.