Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

I have a strip on the phone that does not respond to touch

There is a strip on the phone that does not respond to touch. The phone does have touch disease and I have at least part of that fixed.

Do you believe the strip is still related to the touch disease ? Same area on two different screens.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

That could definitely be the problem. Apple does have a program where you can bring in the phone and give them $120 and your current phone, and they'll give you a replacement. Or you can try a known good display, to rule out the touch disease. If it does have touch disease, you could also go or send the phone to a board level repair shop, to have it worked on

Thanks, I bought it used , the owner had already replaced the screen with a faulty one and believe the original home button was also removed. I put in the temporary fix for the touch disease . I may check with apple about the replacement

Another thing you may want to look into is the fpc connector. That's a possibility. I'll post a guide and which step has that part. Just take a look at it. See if anything is visibly wrong with it

Yeah, you can see it there in step 17. It's the one in the middle that they're disconnecting

iPhone 6 Plus Display Assembly Replacement

sweet I will put it under my USB microscope and see.

Brian Ernst will be eternally grateful.