The Western Digital My Passport Ultra is a USB 3.0 portable storage device with capacities from 500 GB up to 2 TB.

Why doesn't WD My Passport Ultra 2TB allow me to paste files.

I was intending to use WD My Passport Ultra 2TB as an Archive to backup all my files and folders. Unfortunately, it is not allowing anything to be copied or saved on it.

Please instruct how to change this.

What model Passport are you using and are you using it for Mac or Windows?

Most Helpful Answer

Hi katerine albarellos, first of all, what computer operating system are you using?

as S W mentioned, if it used for mac, you need to use disk utility to format it to either exfat or macos extended (journaled). If there is any current files in your external hdd, be sure to backup or make a copy , as re configuring the hdd partition, will result in data loss.

to be able to use for windows, what i had done is to use disk utility to spit into two partition, one is using macos extended (journaled) for time machine, misc and another exfat, which windows can write to it

http://www.mactip.net/guide-how-to-forma...

katerine albarellos will be eternally grateful.