Gear iconx replacement battery

I have a brand new set of Samsung Gear IconX Headphones and the left earbud has a battery life somewhere around 15-30 minutes. The right runs as per the specs. I don't have a proof of purchase, so even though they are new and still within the warranty period, I can't send them to Samsung for repair or replacement and Samsung does not sell the battery.

I've been looking, unsuccessfully, for a replacement battery, so I could try to swap out the battery myself.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement battery?

Has anyone successfully done the repair?

Thanks.

So, I went ahead and opened up the left earbud and it actually was surprisingly easy. The battery in it is a "Varta Cp1254 A2". It is a 50mah version, but Varta makes an "A3" version that is identical except that it is 60mah, so that seems like a logical upgrade. The only problem so far is that these batteries are pretty difficult to find without ordering in bulk from China. While I would definitely like to find 4 A3's, I have no use or budget for a minimum order of 1000. If anyone has any or can hook me up with a vendor, I'd definitely be interested in buying at least 4 of them. Thanks.

How did you open the earbud

Anybody figure out how to open the earbuds yet? I have the same issue, only with the right earbud instead of the left.

Most Helpful Answer

TbSpoon this should work for you. Just in case you need it, here is the datasheet Varta-CP-1254-A2.pdf

Can you tell us how you got the IconX apart? Maybe include a photo or 2?

Yeah, a tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

I would love to have a description on what have you done to open the earbud (machado.moura41@gmail.com).

Thanks in advance

I also have the icon x, and I want to try to replace the battery of the case ... I have the constant problem that the battery drains for some reason ... if someone could guide me it would be very helpful.

TbSpoon how did you do to open the earbud? thank you very much, as you go with the upgrade

https://store.invensense.com/ProductDeta...

copy and paste link , shows $7 for a battery

how to disassemble ? Will you tell me? mail: npenev@abv.bg thank you

TbSpoon will be eternally grateful.