Repair guides and support for LED, LCD, HD and other Vizio TVs.

Is it worth it to repair my screen? Impact hit

I have a 55" Vizio Smart 4K Ultra HD Tv that recently took an impact hit from a small dog toy. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to try and have it fixed, or to just buy a new one. Can anyone help me with this or know about how much the repair will cost?

Info listed on the back of the TV -

Model: M55-C2

Part no.: 10248010245

Serial number: LWZQSBAR2503836

Image of the screen:

https://ibb.co/mdqy8a

Most Helpful Answer

In this case it is probably not worth it to repair your LCD screen. Since the physical liquid crystal substrate layer has been penetrated, you will need to replace the LCD panel entirely. The only way this would make sense is if you could find the exact model screen on ebay for cheap or another exact model tv that's "for parts" and just merge the components.

Unfortunately, it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to find a replacement panel, and for a cost that makes repair sensible.

You will most likely have to buy a new tv. You can take apart your tv and sell the components on ebay to help offset the costs. Or you can reuse the LED backlight out of your tv for a personal project, like add strip lighting to a shelf or kitchen counter. Make sure the device has been powered off for a few hours before taking it apart.

Good luck!

Krystal Sullivan will be eternally grateful.