Rear microphone works intermittently

The rear microphone on my 5S works intermittently so Siri doesn't work, nor does voice input for Maps. I replaced my battery and was very careful not to open the case beyond 90 degrees. Sometimes the mic will work if I slap the phone against my palm, but eventually stops working again. I am assuming a loose connection, but don't know where to check. Any thoughts appreciated.

Possible success. I hate dealing with the touch ID connector, so holding that down I inserted a spudger and pressed down on the front panel assembly cable bracket. The mic started working and is still working, so I guess the power/volume connector was where the fault was, after all. If the problem reoccurs, I will open her up and remove the bracket to ensure that the connector is tight. Hopefully I won't have to. THANKS MUCH!

Most Helpful Answer

check the power/volume ribbon connection

Thanks, but the power, the volume and the vibrator all work fine. Wouldn't they not work if that was the cause.

stamforddirect will be eternally grateful.