Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

iPhone 7 Boot Loop issue with Front Camera/Proximity sensor/Ear Piece Flex

I have an iphone 7 that is stuck in a bootloop after screen replacement. Ive narrowed it down to the proximity/front camera/earpiece flex. When its disconnected phone powers up fine but when reconnected goes straight back into bootloop again. Have tried replacing flex cable twice with no luck so figure its a mainboard issue?

This is an issue that seems to exist quite frequently. I personally don't know how to fix it but maybe @danj or @mayer could give it a shot. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Thanks for the comment mate, hopefully will hear back from the guys you have tagged...

You bet you will

Sorry guys I'm not a iPhone hardware guru. Maybe Minho @refectio or Rany @rany can give you an answer.

@danj Sorry to bother you! I figured you'd know.

Ideally, you have to try a known-good FCAM flex. Small parts can be hit or miss, especially for something as new as an iPhone 7. If you don't have access to a known-good part, then the logic board needs to be verified to try and eliminate something.

What's probably happening is that one of those elements (CAM/PROX/ALS) of the circuit is defective. Once the flex is connected, it may be drawing too much current and forcing the some other power rails into current limiting mode. This will have to be looked at by a micro-solderer.

I would try a complete assembly from a working phone, if available. In other words, try with a known good complete assembly. Sometimes new ones are bad too like mentioned by others here.

Also make sure you are connecting it in the correct orientation.

Finally, connect the front cam assembly without plugging the home button extension cable onto the board, see if that changes anything.

Only if using a known good assembly in the correct orientation yields the same result, can you then conclude that you have a board level problem.

Note: continuous boot looping may cause data corruption. Pull a back-up before testing any further.

I have same problem, after desconnected homebutton front facing camera work and phone boot. What have front facing camera flex and homebutton conjucted?

Probably a data line. Haven't had time to check the schematics.

You can try a different screen just to make sure the issue is not due to the Home Button extension cable built into the replacement screen.

Rhyan Perso will be eternally grateful.