Issues with gas gauge on two batteries, but have gas gauge filter?

This is odd... I had an iFixIt replacement battery recently (due to the other one being damaged while trying to remove it from the phone while swapping the phone's chassis), and after 5 days of use, I encountered an issue where the phone did not correctly read battery percentage. I checked for the gas gauge filter, which was still present as far as I could tell, and ended up getting a replacement battery today from InjuredGadgets. Except the issue still persists, and my phone continues to be unable to read battery percentage correctly. Any help?

If you haven't already done so, you should check the filter (FL11) under magnification and gently prod it to see if it is securely soldered on the pads. It is possible that it is partially dislodged and working intermittently. I would also take the opportunity to check C279 to see if it is shorted and finally, check to see if you have continuity between both sides of the filter and the center pin of the battery connector.

I would doubt that you have 2 bad batteries from different suppliers. That said, when it comes to batteries you never know.

Just took another look, and I'm noticing that I'm actually *missing* the filter, and that I mistook the solder pads and the area in between them for the filter itself (My first time trying to check for board-level components). Where do you recommend that I get this repaired? And at the same time, how could I check to see if C279 is shorted, just in case?

That is classic pry damage. If the filter is missing, then no gas gauge information gets to the CPU. If you want to test the cap, just measure it across both terminals. It should not be shorted.

As for repair, look locally for a reputable shop that does micro-soldering repairs. If you can't find one locally, then consider mail-in repair. There are several reputable micro-solderers patrolling this forum.

Edward Pedemonte will be eternally grateful.