The current line of iPod Touch comprises six (6) different generations.

iPod touch only right earpiece works.

I have a Touch that was purchased December. 2008 . Wow 3 years already! I plug in different earphones and only the right ear works. If I jiggle the connection between the Touch and the earphone I can intermittently get the sound to work in the left ear. So I know it isn't the earphones because this happens with all that I tried and it probably isn't a software issue. Does anyone have any idea how this might be fixed? and how much it might cost? or is it better to get a new one- which i really don't need.

Thanks,

Lou

I have repaired many of these. The parts are available on ebay for a few dollars. You have to replace the audio jack which if you have good soldering skills is cake, if you do not you should seek a professional who is setup to do that type of repair. I work on all types of things but iPod repair is my specialty.

Thanks Marc. I don't have soldering skills or equipment. Do you do repairs? or what do you suggest. Some company that does this. Contact me offline if more appropriate.

darhosta@mac.com

louh,

Not sure if it is acceptable but I think so. I emailed you about this did you receive it? Did you find a local company that will repair it? If not perhaps check your spam folder. I'll send another email in case you deleted the first one.

Marc, I think it is acceptable to offer your service FOR FREE to help out....;-)

But we make reference to eBay and mac sites etc, marc isn't soliciting business away from ifixit, and he's being very discreet. I think Kyle weins made reference to putting personal contact info etc on profile page as being acceptable. You should do that too oldturkey....

and I do wholeheartedly agree with that policy. I think it is the people that post all over and add their business contact to it that just rub me the wrong way, since I do believe in the spirit of what we are all doing here. My main business is fixing people :-) and my repair is just a hobby so not much I could put on my profile. I most certainly did not mean to offend Marc or even imply that he is doing wrong because he is actually pretty tactful about it. Thanks pollytintop and I appreciate your feedback

louh will be eternally grateful.