The current line of iPod Touch comprises six (6) different generations.

iPod touch only right earpiece works.

I have a Touch that was purchased December. 2008 . Wow 3 years already! I plug in different earphones and only the right ear works. If I jiggle the connection between the Touch and the earphone I can intermittently get the sound to work in the left ear. So I know it isn't the earphones because this happens with all that I tried and it probably isn't a software issue. Does anyone have any idea how this might be fixed? and how much it might cost? or is it better to get a new one- which i really don't need.

I have repaired many of these. The parts are available on ebay for a few dollars. You have to replace the audio jack which if you have good soldering skills is cake, if you do not you should seek a professional who is setup to do that type of repair. I work on all types of things but iPod repair is my specialty.

Thanks Marc. I don't have soldering skills or equipment. Do you do repairs? or what do you suggest. Some company that does this. Contact me offline if more appropriate.

Not sure if it is acceptable but I think so. I emailed you about this did you receive it? Did you find a local company that will repair it? If not perhaps check your spam folder. I'll send another email in case you deleted the first one.

Marc, I think it is acceptable to offer your service FOR FREE to help out....;-)

But we make reference to eBay and mac sites etc, marc isn't soliciting business away from ifixit, and he's being very discreet. I think Kyle weins made reference to putting personal contact info etc on profile page as being acceptable. You should do that too oldturkey....

and I do wholeheartedly agree with that policy. I think it is the people that post all over and add their business contact to it that just rub me the wrong way, since I do believe in the spirit of what we are all doing here. My main business is fixing people :-) and my repair is just a hobby so not much I could put on my profile. I most certainly did not mean to offend Marc or even imply that he is doing wrong because he is actually pretty tactful about it. Thanks pollytintop and I appreciate your feedback

louh will be eternally grateful.