Why is my backlights faulty?

Hi. I'm replacing my phones LCD To rule out backlight fuse damage.

With the OEM LCD, there is a black fade in the top left side of the screen. With a Chinese LCD, the black fade moves over to the right top and the originally affected area appears fine again.

This sounds like a faulty LCD To me but I just wanted another opinion.

Thanks in advanced

I've seen this effect before. Different screens have different areas of the backlight fading/dimming. This could just be due to how different backlight assemblies are wired internally (OEM versus Copy).

Ultimately, this is a backlight circuit issue, not a screen issue. The fact that two separate screens show backlight problems confirms that the root cause is on the logic board. This requires a micro-soldering repair and is not DIY.

Will Shawcross will be eternally grateful.