Model A1225 / Early 2009 / 2.66, 2.93, or 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

How replace the PRAM battery in my 24 inch intel iMac?

About a year ago, I saw a photographic description of how to replace the PRAM battery in my 2.66GHz 24 inch iMac, but now I need to see it, I can't find it anywhere. Please, if you know of a URL that will take me right to it, let me know. Otherwise, would you please advise me how to do this?

Thanks in anticipation,

Yours faithfully,

Stanley Gallagher

PS: I am assuming, from the description on your website (also the date given) that this is the same computer as I am using. However, I see no ref. EMC 2267 on any of my documentation.

For your correct EMC number, look on the bottom of your stand. Also you can go under the Apple (upper left hand corner) to about this Mac - More info.

You can also give us the last three letters of your serial number and we can then extrapolate your correct machine from that.

There's no way your PRAM battery would have failed this soon. I'm working on a repair guide for this machine right now and all you have to do - wait. Please don't do anything till you describe why you think the battery has failed. Please tell us the problems you are having.

Thanks for your concern, it's appreciated. However, my battery has not failed. I simply want to take it out, before storing my iMac for what I hope will be a long period, so that the terminals won't corrode. I am now using a new (27-inch) iMac, and the 24-inch iMac will be my backup machine in case of any failure of my new one.

Sorry, I omitted to state the EMC number, which is: 2134. Also, I did not say, at first, that I wanted to just take out my battery. I said (rather incorrectly) that I wished to replace it. I thought that to say this would avoid unnecessary verbiage.

No problem, I understand now. Just use this guide: iMac Intel 20" EMC 2266 PRAM Battery Replacement

Hey, Mayer: What you have given me by way of information is just marvellous! In due course, I shall buy the suction cups etc, and tackle this job. You have lifted a load of worry off my mind, and I thank you very sincerely!

With kind regards,

Stanley G. (UK)

Hey Mayer, I have another problem: the fan of my iMac (EMC2267) is extreme loud after short using with nearly no activity even in the background. Someone told me to clean the inner parts from dust. First: makes this sense? Second: do I Open it the Same way you described above?

Thanks a lot

Claus from Germany

Stanley Gallagher will be eternally grateful.