Why does my engine die when the blade is engaged

my motor dies when I engage the blage

Yeah, they spin.

I replaced the safety switch on blade engage assembly, and put a new blade drive belt on.

No change, I also checked the wires on seat switch, they were still connected. I had already ordered a replacement switch so, I decided to bypass the switch, same problem.

My Troy bilt had the same issue. Would die when engaging the blades. Turned out to be a spring type apparatus located near the shifter. You know when you put it in reverse the engine would stall out ? That's where the spring type thing is located. Once I pushed it around the blades would engage. Check this issue. It may be as simple as this.

With the engine off. try to spin the blade to see if it is free.

UPDATE

Here are several solutions, some even work ;-)

Why does my engine die when the blade is engaged?

Yeah, they spin.

Scott Robuck will be eternally grateful.