no sign of power

i have tested c5202_rf as the water indicator at the top of the board was red, on a board i know has power it shows 0.312 on the multimeter and the 1 with no power shows 0.147 so does this mean that its bad

Most Helpful Answer

You really should test these caps in resistance mode, it's much easier to interpret the results. Some meters use different open-voltages in diode mode so the reading you get is not an absolute value. Sure, if you see 0.000V, then you know what that you have a short. But otherwise, diode mode is good for testing diodes or comparing to known-good board.

I just tested a known-good board and I measure 0.355. More importantly, in resistance mode it is in the 10's of KOhms so that means there is no short, which is what you need to determine.

daniel will be eternally grateful.