First generation of Apple iPad with 3G capabilities. Model Number A1337. Available with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage. Repairs are straightforward and do not require heat.

Screen flickers when plugged into AC power, no boot.

Whenever I plug in the AC Adapter into my customers iPad, the screen flickers once every 3 seconds or so. I've tried doing a hard reset with it and nothing. I've opened her up and see no noticeable damage whatsoever. I've tried another adapter known good and the same problem happens. Any troubleshooting i'm missing? I still have the ipad open currently. I wonder if reseating the dock port will fix something.. Any help would be mucho appreciated!

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately i've ruled this as something I unfortunately won't be able to cost effectively fix for the customer

Try replacing the LCD,

I would however it seems to be the dock connector possibly. I don't have an option to turn it off and on. It automatically turns on once AC power is plugged into it. Holding the power button down does nothing with the ipad. However, if I hold the power button AND home button, the flickers stop until i release one or both of the buttons.

Tim, my bad take a look at the power volume flex at the sleep wake sensor it could be damaged.

Tim Rauls will be eternally grateful.