This is a Notebook by Acer. Within this document you will have access to guides and a troubleshooting page. This will hopefully allow you to solve issues you may be having with your Notebook.

Why is my acre laptop beeping but not switching on?

When I press the on button my laptop looks like it is powering on and the blue light comes on however the white screen comes on and beeps but just switches off again?

Is the "Beep" a single beep or a beep code? What do you mean by white screen? Is the computer going through post/ can it get to BIOS? By blue light do you mean the power indication light or something else?

How many times is it beeping? Is it long beeps and/or short beeps?

Beeps usually mean a bad memory chip...

Count the beeps. Short beeps? A long beep?

I thought at first you meant a beep code, reading the question again I believe the white screen is the video card not on, I would say you have a dead or shorted bad battery or your hard drive is gone. The beep is from the bios going past checks and on to start the operating system on the hard drive which is dead, or you have just enough power to start but drops off when trying to use more current.

So, question. Is it plugged in to your power supply? Remove the battery and try again. a shorted battery can steal the power. Next try a start again and listen to hear the fan going plus the hard drive.. Now if you actually hear more than one beep or a continuous beep or more than one beep then post your answer so we can move on to help. If you get only one beep , no cooling fan or other noises I think your hard drive is gone, or wiped.

Post your findings so we all can work our brains more on this.

I have had this but no white screen, this is confusing...

Alton

The white screen is usually indicative of a failed hard drive not a video issue but there are multiple issues on this one.

On this webpage you will find a list of beep codes for most motherboard BIOS.

Find the provider of your BIOS and check the diagnostics for each different beeping signal. From that point on, if you report back, someone will be able to help further.

Claire will be eternally grateful.