Repair guides for the 24" HD drawing tablet by Wacom in the Cintiq line.

Screen goes black, power still on

My cintiq 24 hd is no longer under warranty. The screen will flash on for a second when I turn it on and then go to black, with the button lights and fan still on. Any idea what's wrong?

Ok I'll try that. Do you know what the problem would be if I can't see any part of my screen?

Sorry for the late reply! If there's no image at all, the problem is probably connected to the display itself. A monitor specialist may be able to pinpoint it, and he'll be less expensive than Wacom's support.

The repair shop I sent it to said the problem was the backlight. The rest of the cintiq is fine. Problem is they can't find a seller for that specific bulb for the 24hd. Maybe only wacom has it.

Most Helpful Answer

I have the exact same problem with the same model. The backlight of mine is done. Try the following: Switch it on and make sure it shows the image for a second. After it went dark, shine on the screen with a strong flashlight and check if you can make out any part of your desktop. If yes, the image is still there, but the backlight is broken. Mine broke four months after warranty and now I'm faced with a costly repair - or replacement. Both suck substantially...

I just developed the same problem this week and was about to ditch it and buy a clone. Thanks for the tip about shining a flash light into the screen. I see what you mean.

I described the problem to my favorite computer repair shop and they understood the problem and will take a look at it. They never heard of a Cintiq but they knew the problem as it applies to monitors and had a few suggestions to check. I will let you know what they do, if they can fix it. Have you already had your fixed and know the solution?

Hopefully it won't cost $880 like Wacom's flat fee. I don't know how I will carry this 24" cintiq though.

sean brinkerhoff will be eternally grateful.