Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

1369 Questions View all

Black tape used in place of metal shield

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone knows what this tape is called that's used on the iPhone 6 and 6 plus shield in place of the metal one, and where can I get it?? I know that some iPads also use it. Its got a metal like mesh underneath a cloth like tape. Looking for it on a roll or similar

Edit: pics attached

Block Image

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1


I would appreciate photos to be able to confirm what I think it is


Description modified


Add a comment

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

I'm not 100% sure, but your question interested me enough to do a bit of searching and from what I can tell it is Ferrite.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 4


I wonder if you can get it in a tape form?? I'm looking for some to put on the underside of custom shields prior to soldering them on


I would use Kapton tape instead. Will do the trick. I usually stick a piece of Kapton bigger than the shield on the shield, and carve it using an x-acto knife.


Im not sure where youd find it, there is nearly no information i could find on the topic or product... other than replacement shields once removed. However, I credit @jessabethany for the information i could find. I agree with Rany, That's what I've been doing... Kapton Tape or by ordering / making metal shields for strengthening to help prevent flexing of the logic board in the future


Yea ive been using Kapton Tape as well, was hoping that there was something out there that could make it look more OEM as these are not always easy to get off. Even with heat.

Thanks for your help :)


Add a comment

Add your answer

Jacob Harvey will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 2

Past 30 Days: 10

All Time: 215