1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache

Power won't charge battery issue

I have a 13" 2012 MacBook Air. When I plug in the power cable the LED does not light and the battery does not charge. However, if I remove the battery connection from the logic board, the LED lights. When I re attach the battery to the logic board it charges. If I remove the power cable and reattach it, while its charging the LED will not light and the battery will not charge. I've tried changing power cables (with a brand new charge and the problem remains. I've tried to reset the PRAM AND SMC several times and the issue remains. I'm at point where I either try replacing the battery or the logic board.

My thoughts, since the power cord does charge the batteries, the it cannot be a connection issue. Also the USB and headphones work without issue. I have a feeling the issue is simple but I'm not sure. Replacing the battery is cheap but the logic board, is cumbersome as well as $$$.

Any ideas? I appreciate the feedback.

For the record, I let it charge to 100% then I reattached the battery cable. CoconutBattery states that the power is not connected, even though it is...

The fix was replacing the logic board. I brought it to the Apple Store where we diagnosed the issue. I purchased a logic board online and boom! It works! YES!

Most Helpful Answer

Let's get a better look at what is going on. Please download, run and post your results with Coconut Battery.

Thanks for the battery info. It looks OK.

Has anything happened to the machine, a spill or a drop? Are you the original owner?

Manufacture date: 2013-04-15

Current Charge 3939 mAh

Full Charge Capacity 5638 mAh

Design Capacity 6700 mAh

Manuafacture data 2013-03-22

Cycle Count 606

macOS Battery status Good

Battery temp 31.9 C

Charging with 23.83 Watts

Power adapter Connected.

Battery Man. Simple

Age 1618 days

Battery Failure None

Now, I'm charging the battery now. But I had to go through the process above to do it.

Mark will be eternally grateful.