Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Replaced iPhone 6 Plus battery but it seems to still drain fast?

So I replaced my iPhone 6 Plus battery back in June. I decided to replace the battery because I got it from my cousin, and the original battery seemed to be draining pretty fast. So after replacing the battery, I still noticed that the battery would drain pretty quickly while using it. From what I can tell, sometimes it'll lose about 10% in an hour from about medium usage. The battery doesn't seem to drain if I'm not using it though. Honestly I'm at a lost as to what to do. All the googling I did hasn't turned up anything useful. It would be very much appreciated if someone could help me find a solution. I'm not sure if it could be the iOS it's on, or a hardware issue. I'm currently on iOS 10.3.3, but I was on 10.3.1 at the time of the battery replacement.

One more thing, while I was putting in the new battery, the battery connector cable got a little bent because it wasn't straight on with the opening. Could that possibly be the issue?

If anyone has an iPhone 6 Plus that can compare their battery life with mine, it would be helpful. Thank you.

Since you are using a Mac, you can load up Coconut Battery and use it to monitor the exact battery status of your iOS devices. http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutba...

I'm actually on a PC. Is there a version of that for PC?

Not that I 'm aware of but I don't do Windows, mop floors or take the garbage out, I have a girl that does that for me ;-) Maybe @pccheese knows an alternative.

@mayer I'm afraid I don't know of one. I found this app on iTunes that may help: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battery-...

For Windows, download 3uTools. It will tell you what the health of the battery is. Anything less than 70-75% of design capacity will require replacement.

Ok thanks I'll try it out.

Most Helpful Answer

10% per hour sounds perfectly normal, beats mine by a wide margin.

This is just you being paranoid.

I might be, this is my first iPhone so I don't know how a brand new battery functions. How is the battery for your phone?

Phone batteries drain rapidly if you crank the screen brightness up, frequently transmit and receive data over cellular network when signals are bad, or continuously using GPS navigation. You need to eliminate those first.

Yeah I've tried those things you've suggested, and I still never noticed any differences.

There's a couple of reasons for battery drain

We always struggle finding good batteries, used lots of different suppliers etc always hard to find a good replacement battery, it could be the battery that is just not 100%.

There could be a short on the board being in water etc, that short usually causes heat so have a look if there is any unusual heat around on the phone board.

The screen generally drains a lot of power, to make the screen light up that takes the most power, so when your using it, the screen will be lit up that is a giant screen, so that will be using the most power at the time, if its extremely high drain compared to another 6 plus thats got a good battery then I would look into the other 2 items above.

I usually try to keep my phone brightness under 50%. I'll see if I can get someone to compare battery life with. My phone doesn't get overly hot either form regular use, so there is a chance it's a bad battery.

Brandon Julmisse will be eternally grateful.