Fifth generation of iPad, released in March 2017. Available in Wi-Fi and LTE with 32 and 128 GB storage options. Features a 9.7" Retina display and 64-bit A9 processor.

Why won't the home button work after screen replacement?

I replaced the screen on this iPad generation 5, The replacement went well, as well as an iPad repair can go, but now that I am testing it, the home button won't respond. The digitizer is working great and everything else is cool. The home button's cable is not bent, nor does it appear damaged. Has anyone experienced this issue with the 5? I really hate repairing iPads, this might be the last one for me.

I wasn't able to. The broken glass shredded the cable. I think that's the problem. I know the fingerprint won't work, but the button should, shouldn't it? Where can I purchase a home button for an iPad 5?

did you use the original home button? swap from the broken screen

We don't sell that iPad 5 button on iFixit yet, but we're working on it.

That's cool. I have found one to purchase. I'll replace it and let everyone know the outcome. Hoping this replacement will do the trick.

We should have these up in the store in a couple weeks. The touch ID will not work if it's replaced with anything other than the original home button but the regular home button "clicking" functionality will still work when replaced.

Shawn will be eternally grateful.