20", 23", and 30" LCD Display introduced in 2004 discontinued in 2010.

I have a 30 inch Apple Cinema Display that just went blank

I bought this new 10-12 years ago I believe. It's had a couple of odd glitches. Then about 45 days ago it went blank? I've tried hooking it up to 3 different Apple Computers (2 Mac Mini's & even the PowerPC G5 I originally bought it for). I only have one power supply which at bought at the same time. Any suggestions?

NOTE: I usually have it hooked up to my Mac Mini 3.1 (late 2012) with 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400 w/256MB VRAM.

NOTE: Light on monitor does not light up now.

You are probably right but someone out there might have an answer. I can't afford a new monitor right now. Thanks for your input.

It seems the power button on the right fails eventually. I have two and narrowed them down to this. I came to iFixIt hoping they had some type of kit.

Most Helpful Answer

Honestly, this thing is so outdated there really is no point in repairing it. If you fix one thing another could fail. It might be time to invest in a new monitor. Most likely the backlight or panel died since you said it's not lighting up. If you still would like to fix it, the first thing I'd try is a new PSU. Good luck!

Edit: I'm not even sure you could really find parts for this anymore.

Mike Farwell will be eternally grateful.