iPhone stuck in Boot Loop only when plugged in to power outlet.

Hello everyone,

My iPhone 6s fell this past weekend and since then has been stuck in a boot loop (apple logo appears and disappears) whenever it is plugged in to an outlet.

Ultimately I'd like to pull the data out of my phone via iTunes backup, but the problem I'm facing is that my iPhone does not seem to boot up when plugged in to my PC's usb port.

Anyone have an idea how I can enact atleast a bootloop on a PC or get my turned off iPhone recognized in iTunes?

I tried finding answers via search, but nothing seems to touch on the issue of my iPhone not booting when plugged in to a usb port on the PC.

Thank you.

Most Helpful Answer

Here are some things to try when you are faced with a boot-looping phone.

• Try a hard reset (Home & Power button for 10 secs)
  • Use a genuine Apple Lightning connector
  • Use a genuine Apple charging brick and let it charge overnight
  • Try to connect it to different computers (mac/pc if possible) with an updated iTunes
  • Put the phone in recovery mode (search DFU Mode). Careful, this can reset your data
  • Use 3uTools for putting it in and out of Recovery Mode
  • Use 3uTools to flash the firmware (you can't downgrade)
  • Check the condition of all the flexes (with magnification)
  • Disconnect the Front Camera Ribbon from the logic board and reboot your phone
  • Disconnect the screen assembly completely and see if iTunes will recognize the phone.

Otherwise, you may have a logic board issue. If you are uncomfortable doing these steps, consider finding a repair shop to do the troubleshooting. A shop that also does micro-soldering can go deeper if the problem is not modular in nature.

As this problem happened after a drop, it might probably cause by a hardware issue. If it is malfunctioning, check the battery connector first by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Besides, if you can't connect your iPhone to PC normally, you might need to get your phone into recovery mode and then connect it to the latest iTunes version. Hope this can help you fix iPhone 6s stuck in boot loop.

Hi everyone and thank you for the responses.

It turned out my phone had simply died and I ended up having to go with the hard reset in order for my phone to work again.

Try force restart, press and hold power button and Home button at the same time about 10s until you see an Apple Logo then release it.

CGSK will be eternally grateful.