The Sony Xperia Z5 Android smartphone was released in October 2015. The Sony Xperia Z5 features 5.2 inches 1080 x 1920 pixels display and is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor alongside 3GB RAM and a 23 MP rear camera.

While calling phone screen turns off?

While using any calling feature (phone, facebook, etc) my phone screen goes black and won't turn back on, if the other person doesn't hang up first than I have to manually restart my device to end a call. How do I fix this? Seems to only have started after I installed Nougat 7.1.1.

Most Helpful Answer

Do you have a screen protector or a case that may be covering up the proximity sensor? If not, the proximity sensor itself may need cleaning or replacement.

I had this problem and it was annoying, especially when I had to press the dial pad to go to different services from the number I was calling. So I googled it many times and had all these long winded methods. Then I got a post from a bloke that sounded like he was Russian. When making a phone call and your phone goes blank, just press with you finger in the right hand top corner and the screen comes on again. Thankyou Komrade.

Make phone call. When screen goes blank, press right hand top corner of screen.

Screens comes on again.

can i turn off that sensor that make the screen black when covered ?

Char Duffett will be eternally grateful.