low-cost notebook with at least basic gaming power, includes the models G50-30, G50-45, G50-70, G50-80.

Sound not working suddenly for Lenovo G50 (Win 10)

I have a Lenovo G50 laptop (Core i3) running Windows 10 with Conexant HD Audio. The sound was working fine but suddenly the sound(speakers) stopped working. I have tried uninstalling/re-installing the Conexant drivers etc but in vain.

Can anyone please suggest a remedy for this ?

Check the speaker icon on the task bar to see if it has a red slash across it, this is the Mute indicator. Right click on the speaker icon and click on Open volume Mixer and see if one of the sliders is set for minimum. If everything is normal, then open Device Manager and open the audio device for your laptop, right click and select Uninstall and click the check box to delete the driver, and then click on Action at top and select Scan For Hardware Changes and this will force Windows to install a new set of drivers.

Rishi will be eternally grateful.