Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

does the mid 2012 logic board have heat sinks

I was wondering if the logic board had the same 2 little square heat sinks that are on the late 2011 model? The reason I ask is because I am up grading my logic board and bought the 2 black heat sinks but I have no holes in the logic board to screw them in to. I have scouted Google for days but no mention of these heat sinks. So that's got asking, does the mid 2012 logic board need the heat sinks? And if so, how do I attach it?

Here's the heat sink and where it's placed: MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Mid 2012 Heat Sink Replacement

UPDATE

OK you have the 15", you did not state that in your question.

Here is the heat sink on it and step #23 shows the six screws that hold it down:

MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2012 Heat Sink Replacement

MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Mid 2012 Heat Sink Image

Guide

MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Mid 2012 Heat Sink Replacement

Difficulty: Difficult45 minutes - 1 hour

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I have a 15" mac book pro and not a 13" the heat sinks are different.

I have the small black square heat sink that look like this (in red) but have no way to anchor them down to the logic board.

[image|1178242]

[image|1178245]

Thanks again

munrocullum will be eternally grateful.