Repair guides and support for top and front loading Whirlpool brand washers.

spin cycle popping noise on startup

Whirlpool cabrio washer 5500

My drive belt came off after reinstalling it I put it on the drain and spin cycle. On startup of the spin cycle it makes awful popping noises until it gets up to speed. I re inspected the pulley and noticed the nut on the tub pulley was only finger tight after tightening as well as i could it still makes the same noise. I'm not sure what the torque spec is on something like this? Or should i be looking for a different problem?

@heathen21 a loose nut could be an issue. Can you post some images of where and what is loose etc.? That way we can see what you see. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that.

Could be misalignment or the tensioner or something else. There are a couple of diagnostic tools using a stay bottle in this video on auto belts that might be very useful to you in helping to diagnose it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwtLj_2S...

Chase Hall will be eternally grateful.