A washer series by Maytag with a low rate of customer satisfaction and a high rate of failure.

Is there supposed to be water in the bottom of agitator

Is there supposed to be water in the bottom of my washer drum after it has been removed and the washer has been drained? Ie ballasts or something?

No sorry I should have been more specific. I removed the drum from the machine so that I could change the bearing seals. When we pulled the drum out of the washer there was still quite a bit of water inside of the plastic base of the drum. It doesn't leak out and we can't get it out. Like it is supposed to be contained in there

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Yes, there should be water in the tub. You normally don't notice it because of the inner basket. The water keeps hoses and the pump seals from drying out. A dishwasher does the same thing.

does this keep the pump primed? @ladytech with Oldturkey out with Harvey I would really appreciate help with answering appliance questions this week. Thanks

The water is not needed at start up. Keeping the seals from drying out is the main purpose . If the seals dry, they'll get brittle, crack and leak.

I got hit hard by Harvey. No internet yet but I will answer as many as I can.

Most Helpful Answer

Cause 1

Water Inlet Valve

The water inlet valve opens to allow water to enter the washing machine. If the water inlet valve is defective, the wash may fill slowly or not fill at all. The water inlet valve requires sufficient water pressure to function properly. First, check the water pressure to determine that it is adequate. If the water pressure is adequate, try cleaning the screens inside the water inlet valve hose connection ports. If the washer still fills slowly, replace the water inlet valve.

Cause 2

Low Water Pressure from House Supply

The home water pressure might be too low. The water inlet valve requires at least 20 psi to function properly. Check the water pressure to the valve to determine if it is sufficient.

let's see if we can get @ladytech to help with this.

Trevor M will be eternally grateful.