Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Does SWI line effect update or restore process

hey

In itunes updater log I noticed update_SWI error ,Does that mean an update for bqXXXX fuel gauge IC included in major process

This is a belated answer so hopefully it can be of use to folks who search for and find this question.

The SWI line (single-wire interface) is the nomenclature that apple uses. You'll note that the TIGRIS IC refers to the HDQ pins (High Speed Data Queue). Essentially it is a one-wire interface for communicating with the battery. There's a great write-up here.

Where do you get your acronym definitions from? I was just trying to figure out SWI, but now I want to know what all the others are as well. It always bugs me. Both for iPhone and MacBook. Just know what an acronym means helps a tiny bit sometimes. Because sometimes they can be misleading, LOL.

@tonytone Some are pretty common and others I just "know" from experience...for the rest, sometimes you have to do quite a bit fo Googling to figure out...like SAGE_TO_TOUCH_VSTM_OUT ;>).

Ahmad Eng will be eternally grateful.