Comprehensive set of repair information for Sony PlayStation systems and accessories. Beginning with the release of the original PlayStation in December 1994, Sony has gone on to develop the PlayStation 3 and several versions of the PlayStation Portable (PSP).

The PlayStation 3 hard disk's file system is corrupted

The PlayStation 3 hard disk's file system is corrupted and it doesn't restore when i press 'ok'; it keeps repeating the same message. what do i do?

Hold The Power Button 2 times Hold The Power Button For 3 seconds if its red do it 1 more time then it will give you instructions to set Up Safe Mode Press option 4 It Will reset the system then i think its gonna save your games

Thats All i know

1. Make sure the red light on your power button is RED.

2. Place your finger on the power button, and hold it down. It will turn green, then eventually go red. Give or take 10 seconds.

3. Release your finger. This lets the system know it's fixing to enter Safe Mode.

4. Then place your finger back on the power button, and hold it down.

5. It will beep once then twice, and THEN take your finger off the power button.

6.You should have a pop up on your screen that reads: 'Connect your controller to your USB cord, and press the PS button (The PS button is the one that has the PS logo on the controller). Do that with your controller,

7. then you'll have a list of Safe Mode options on your screen. Choose the one that reads, 'Restore your PS3 System.' On mine, it was option number 5. Could be different on each Gigabyte console.

8.Anyway...Hopefully some of you will see this, and save yourself time and money. Hope I helped you all out. =)

after i choose number 5 does it remove all of my files??

Thanks it worked .. but it erased all my achivments :S :(

btw thanks alot (Y) u really helped me man :)

How long does it take to restore

vatoloco will be eternally grateful.