Parts & Tools

ASUS Chromebook Flip C100P was released in 2012. This was the first-ever 10-inch convertible Chromebook released. It is a laptop running Google's Chrome OS. The C100P came available with 2GB or 4GB of RAM, and silver as the only color option. Repair of this device requires screwdrivers and prying tools.

How do I fix my chrome book when water spilled all over it?

My sister and brother got into a fight and I remember I was eating chicken nuggets and afterwards while I was trying to help my sister a cup of water spilled everywhere I was watching dance moms on dailymotion then my chrome book shutdown now it won't turn on what do I do???

My chromebook got wet with kool-aid last Saturday how can i fix it?

What can i do to fix it?

My chrome book had water spilled all over the keyboard I put the keyboard upside down and used a towel to pick up any water that comes out of the keyboard. I woke up the next morning and it’s light isn’t on and the chrome book isn’t turning on... this is sad because my mom is a teacher and teachers are not paid much and she bought three kids each a $200 chrome book I don’t know what to do! I should of just unplugged it so my chrome book wouldn’t heat up and cause damage it’s been a few weeks since this happened!!

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

The budget option, covered by our Lifetime Warranty.

Shop Kits

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

Cut repair costs, not quality.

Shop Kits

Here's the water damage guide: Electronics Water Damage

@jesusiscool,

If you have an Asus Chromebook Flip C100P read on.

If not still read the answer but what is the make and model number of the laptop, so that hopefully a suitable repair guide can be provided to help you?

As you know water and electronics and electricity are not a good mix.

The impurities in the water causes corrosion and provides circuit paths for the electricity which were not in the laptop’s operating design and could damage the components.

First do not turn on your laptop and then you need to remove the battery as soon as possible from the laptop to minimize any further damage.

Then you need to dis-assemble the rest of the laptop and clean all the affected parts using Isopropyl Alcohol 90%+ (available from electronics parts stores) to remove all traces of corrosion and water. Do not use "rubbing alcohol" as in some cases this is only 70% IPA or less, can contain scents and is not as effective. If you do use it check the label to verify the amount of IPA

Here is a link that describes the process.

Electronics Water Damage

As always with electronics, especially surface mounted PCBs be gentle when handling and especially when brushing away the corrosion. You do not want to remove any components from the boards.

Hopefully after you have done all this the laptop might possibly work correctly again.

Here is a link to the ifixit for Asus Chromebook Flip C100P Repair guides, which may be of some help.

If this process seems too daunting, take your laptop to a reputable, professional laptop repair service, experienced in liquid damage repair and ask for a quote for a repair. If you decide to do this, do it sooner than later.

Täñïä will be eternally grateful.