Earpiece and mic not working, Speaker greayed out during calls

Iphone 6 has following issues. I make a call and I can hear it ring through speaker phone...but not in earpiece.... but if someone answers, I cannot hear them and speaker phone does not work... The Speaker is greyed out though. I tested mic by trying speech to text (dictation) and it crashes. I can go on internet and play videos and hear it fine through speaker phone .

can you give us more details about this phone? It was dropped? Got water damaged?

@soros, No drop or water damage. Phone was working according to customer and started experiencing "Searching / No Service" and error 56 on Itunes, could not update... I removed and replaced Sim Slot to have access to the pad N61 that ties to Baseband pad V1 to run long jumper. Also ran jumper from baseband U1 to other side of board to PP3171_RF. I also reballed RF5159, U_WFR_RF, U_WTR_RF, and UPMICRF and RF5129. Last thing was reballed U5302_RF (NFC).

Cured the No Service and updated/restored...phone can make and receive calls but no sound from earpiece or Mic (Other person can't hear me and I cant hear them.

I can hear the phone ring, I can hear videos on youtube, but "Speaker" is greyed out in call settings. I used a test housing with test screen and has same symptoms...so it is board level. I would start the Audio IC reball or replacement but didn't lose all sound so thought I'd post Q first.

After making sure you don't have a parts problem, and your issue is indeed a board level problem, check first if any of the small components near dock FPC under the conformal coating have been disturbed when you heated to remove the baseband shield. I would remove the conformal coating and see if anything falls of. Then poke them slightly.

Next I would reball codec chip since you reworked the neighboring NFC chip.

Next, although I doubt this one, I would check and possibly reball the audio amp IC since it is located opposite side of baseband shield and may have been disturbed too, or suffering from a short.

Finally if none of the above sorts it, either you made a mistake somewhere while working on the baseband chips, specially the BB_CPU, or that chip is defective or has damaged pads.

@rany Thank you for your time. I could not find anything amiss, so I just replaced Audio IC and everything is back up and running. But curious... Fingerprint (Touch ID) not working now and it was 100% working before changing Meson on another Iphone 6. Any ideas?

By audio you mean Codec?

If yes, check as well the small components (and iirc the LDO?) related to Touch ID and located around the FPC. They are opposite side of codec and something may have detached due to conformal xoating expanding.

Unless at some point you updated or restored the iPhone without the original home button attached. In which case you need to restore again with home button attached.

Mesa ic and several little caps , resistors, filters were indeed popped off under the underfill. About 7 in all...working now :) ty

Glad it worked.

Michael will be eternally grateful.