Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

flashing xbox one optical drive with security key

Hi... I am sorry if this is redundant but I am beating my head against the wall on this. My xbox one warranty expired in june and I had never used the optical drive until 2 weeks ago. If you put in a disk, nothing happened. I went through all the MS troubleshooting steps with no success. So I ordered a new drive, got it in and swapped the daughter boards. Still with no success. I believe the original daughter board is toast so now I need to find out how to flash the security key onto the new drive. Does anyone know how to do it or have instructions? Any help is so greatly appreciated!!!!!

Not possible. Nobody hacks Xbox one, period.

If the disc loads and ejects, the controller chip on thedrive board should be working. Figuring out if it is the laser or some component on the board is the next step.

Warranty expired doesn't mean that MS won't be repairing your console, now you've opened it, you are responsible for it on your own.

Allen Morrow will be eternally grateful.