0

Kimberly Jones
65

Battery will not hold a charge

I received my nano 4th generation with what was supposed to be a non working battery. I could connect the ipod to a power source and it worked fine until I disconnected it and then it said battery too low so I replaced with a brand new battery. But I still have the same problem. I can connect ipod to a power source (outlet, computer, dock) and it works fine until I disconnect it and it shuts down. What can this be from? The battery I replaced with was brand new in the package. Ipod will read that the battery is fully charged.

Kimberly Jones, when you disconnect it does it stay on at all or does it shut down right away? How long did you let it charge? It sure sounds like a battery fault. All connections nice and tight to make sure its working?

Thanks for responding. I can charge it all night and it shuts down the instant I unplug it. As far as I know all the connections are fine but I'll have another look to make sure. Thanks.

Kimberly Jones,

1

Kimberly Jones, I would most certainly replace the battery first. It does sound like the culprit for your problem Instructions are here iPod Nano 4th Generation Battery Replacement and it is a bit of a pain to do it. Just follow the guide and you will be fine :-) The battery is available here iPod Nano Gen 4 Replacement Battery Good luck to you and let us know how it is going.

iPod Nano Gen 4 Replacement Battery

Installation requires soldering / 250 mAh — 2 available at 13.95 each.

0

BOL
23

When you plug it does the charging icon appear or does it go directly to fully charged icon?

If it's the second, the ipod is not recognizing the battery wich may be from a bad installation. If it's the first then the battery should be proper installed but the ipod may have a problem in the charging circuit.