Repair guides and support for cars and other vehicles produced by the Chrysler division of the Chrysler Group LLC.

Where is the cabin air filter in a 2008 Chrysler Town and Country?

I can't find the cabin (A/C) filter in my 2008 Chrysler Town and Country. I've looked in the most common places like behind the glove box, under the hood, etc. If someone knows exactly where it is and how to get to it for this year and model, please post the answer.

I have a Chrysler 2007 town and country with the same problem. If somebody know how to replace it , please let me know.

I could't find cabin air filter of town country 2008 also and I for sure this model don't have cabin air filter, look on manual book page 449 " A/C Air Filter - If equipped " with my understand on Town Country some model have cabin air filter.

That is correct, some do and some don't. If you can't find it in the location as suggested by the manual, it probably doesn't have one.

Most Helpful Answer

The only place that I could find is :

Vehicle: 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Touring 3.8 V6 GAS

The cabin air filter should be replaced every 12,000 miles.

• Open the glove compartment door.
  • Push inward on both sides of the glove compartment, then lower the glove compartment door.
  • Carefully pivot the glove compartment downward.
  • Through the glove compartment opening, disengage the cabin air filter access door retainers from the HVAC housing, then remove the cover,
  • Through the access door opening, remove the filter element,
  • Carefully install the new cabin air filter element into position

and more

You were on the right track, it is behind the glove box.

Here are the instructions from the manual.

1. Remove the lower glove box bin from the instrument panel

2. Disengage the two retaining tabs (1) that secure the particulate air filter cover (2) to the passenger side of the HVAC air distribution housing (3) and remove the cover.

This is the cover behind the glove box that needs to be opened.

Just to update my answer. Your vehicle will have to be equipped with this optional filter. You wont find it if it is not one of your options. I now attached page 421 of the manual to verify my previous answer. Good Luck

Hope this helps

Here's how to do it: http://www.ehow.com/how_4506455_replace-...

Granted, this is pretty old, but my 2008 T/C Limited 4.0L engine does have one behind the glove box. With the glove box opened, behind it is a black horizontal plastic plate with a tab on the left and right sides. It comes out with no effort. Behind this plate is the filter which slides out toward you. Mine is very dirty and I was just looking for the correct size to look up.

-Munch

aks12 will be eternally grateful.