Samsung's newest flagship phone, the Galaxy S8. Released in April 2017.

phone will not come on, shows triangle and will not charge x2

Sooo I have and S8 and S8+ doing screen repair on both. Now the phones will not come on, they only show triangle's and will not charge. I know this was an issue with the thermostat on S4's many years ago and had to change the charge port. I am not sure what needs to be done to fix this issue. I have a new cable and charge port on order but was not for sure if any one else has had this issue.

Most Helpful Answer

Did you completely reassemble the phone before trying to charge and power it on? With previous Galaxy S series phone generations I can and often do test the phones before reassembling the midframe. But I found that with the S8 and probably likewise with the S8+ that you need to fully assemble the phone first. On one of my first S8 repairs I found that without the midframe on I got an error that looked to be like the battery thermostat triangle error experienced in previous models. But when I put the midframe on, the problem was resolved. Apparently, some contacts must be made to complete a circuit. Hopefully, that is all that you are experiencing in your situation.

Thank you that was it!

The Screen Spot will be eternally grateful.