A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment; the PlayStation 4 Slim (CUH-2000 Series) is a thinner replacement model for the original PS4. Announced September 7, 2016.

Optical disc drive not taking in discs

How's it going.

I have my PS4 Slim (CUH 2015a) and I have been having issues with the optical disc drive where it won't let me insert discs or if I put the tip of the disc in the drive it will pop up with unrecognizable disc but if I put it in when it's off and use the manual eject to get the disc in there it will work. If a disc is in there and I press the eject button it will eject it and then proceeds to keep trying to eject it for about a minute. I took my PS4 apart and had tried to find a problem but everything seems fine. I made sure all cables are properly in place and all the parts are moving as they should. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to get this fixed.

I'm guessing it's the sensor that pulls the disc in, I was wondering if you would have any Idea if it's possible to change it or even just replacing the wholes disc drive without anything else.

While there is no way for me to know for sure without having it at my shop to test it sounds like there is probably something inside the drive that is faulty. It may be the sensors that tell it to pull the disc in or possibly even the drive motor that turns the rollers or even the belt. It's also possible that it's one of the chips or components on the motherboard although that is less likely.

I wish I could be more helpful but there isn't just one common thing that causes this type of problem.

@Buck I'm responding here instead of up above so my response stays in my answer thread.

Yes, it's possible to change the sensor, but they rarely go bad. You can also change the entire disc drive and that would probably fix it but it is always possible that it's a problem on the motherboard.

Buck Nasty will be eternally grateful.