Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Small 'L' shaped bracket left over after 3GS reassembly.

Hey all.

I was going to replace my 3gs Rear Housing and Chrome Bezel Surround while I had to already replace a broken screen.

The Housing was fine, but the replacement Bezel I got was shaped funny and after some trial and error, I opted to put the old one back in.

After I got the phone back together, I have a small silver 'L' shaped metal bracket left over. It has a screw hole on one side and a rectangular hole on the other. -Very thin. -A small piece of thin sheet metal that was bent at 90°

With the one screw hole tab and the other side rectangular with a retangular hole, it looks like it would serve as a groundin connector or something..

I can't remember where in the phone is came from! Perhaps is was a part that was attatched to the Bezel and I just spaced remembering?

Any input is appreciated!

Did you ever find out where it goes. I have the same problem: http://beautifuleye.net/extra/iphone/

yours looks like it is off the dock connector.. If the phone is assembled and you have no problems then leave it out.

it sounds like the bracket that holds the camera in place. it isn't vital to replace it if the camera seemed secure. I leave them out all the time with no problem. see this photo (step 10) iPhone 3GS Camera Replacement

Ceebers will be eternally grateful.