Dropped my MacBook: Startup with the chime but black screen

Hi guys,

I recently dropped my MacBook swinging away from my arm to the floor, the MacBook dropped is covered with a zipped MacBook sleeve, I would say its a strong impact as the sleeve is punctured with a tiny hole and eventually dented a little on my MacBook.

The first thing I do after the drop is take it out and try to startup my MacBook.

My attempt to startup the MacBook is a failure, as I heard the usual chime when you startup a MacBook, but the screen stays black, the screen has LIGHT, that means the monitor is still functional.

Then, I tried to type my MacBook password with the black screen, after a few seconds, the keyboard lights up. I guess this means that I was able to login, but after the login, I tried to interact with the keyboard light buttons, sound buttons, PLAY button, but unfortunately, nothing happened.

I've tried to search in Google for answers, but most of the post I see are people who could not start up their MacBook.

I hope someone could help me out on this problem as I have zero computer knowledge.

Sorry for my bad English as English is not my native language.

Thank you!

First tell us your exact model. If you don't know at lease give us the model number from the back pf the machine, it will be in the format of an Axxx number

It's A1502.

Reconnect the LCD cable logic board side and screen side, use this video for reference up to that point https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLNUjeUL4N...

Before attempting this high level and time consuming approach, I would like to let you know that after I switched the MacBook on, I leave it there for 15 minutes and realized it is getting hotter by not doing anything.

That's normal since it is still on, it is just not showing image. Especially common in the 2015 models since the fan only spins when the MacBook gets hot

Wesley will be eternally grateful.