Why will my TV not respond to any remote?

My TV has stopped responding to the original remote and the Spectrum remote. I can use the power button on the TV and it works fine. Both remotes have new batteries and the cable box responds to the Spectrum remote. Everything worked great one night when I turned it off then the next day it wouldn't turn on using either remote. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Most times it's the battery. The battery gets just week enough to not work, but strong enough to look like it works. Try changing the battery in the remote. If that does not help, try getting a universal remote from a walmart.

@faymers if you definitely rule out the remote as non-functioning then the issue will be the IR board or the cable that goes from the IR board to the the mainboard. The IR sensor board is available at places like this.

I have the same problem my original remote and both of my universal remotes just stopped working. I can operated the functions using the buttons. I have changed the batteries twice with new ones any help?

dumfriesdancer1 did you check the above answer? If your remotes absolutely do not work you need to check the IR board.

Glenda will be eternally grateful.