Are the 2013, 2014 and 2015 motherboards interchangeable?

I have a 2014 13" Macbook Air that needs a new mobo, and it appears that the 2013 and 2015 motherboards might be compatible. Anyone know if that's the case?

Simple answer No!

Apple used different display interfaces between these series. The first used LVDS and the newer uses iDP so the connections at the logic board are different. In addition the FaceTime cameras are also different across the series as well.

Thanks for your reply.

That's not quite what I'm finding. Between the 2013 and 2014 models, they appear identical except for processor speed (1.3 vs 1.4).

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ma...

The 2015 model uses a newer architecture (broadwell vs haswell) and have thunderbolt 2 vs 1, but the boards might be interchangeable.

Are you confusing the 11" to the 13" Your Q was based on the 13" Which is the specs and guides I linked you to. Granted I picked the i7 models but the other lower end models are the same other than CPU clocking.

Even if you have a MacBook Air 11" the same basic issues apply depending on the exact years.

You are correct, I did say 13" when I meant 11". I think it doesn't much matter here, it applies to both models.

After further investigation, it still appears that the 2013 and 2014s are interchangeable.

Do you have any information about what year apple changed from LVDS to IDP?

maccentric will be eternally grateful.