Briggs & Stratton 190cc Model 120000 Quantum 675 Series Lawn Mower Engine. Released February 2011. For Toro 6.75 ft-lb torque Lawn Mower.

Mower starts then dies.

I cleaned the carb. fuel line gets fuel. Carb has fuel in the bowl. i have spark. if i put fuel into the carb it fires and then dies. I dont think the carb is opening . cant figure this out. Grass is getting tall.

Most Helpful Answer

I just answered this same question yesterday: My Toro self propelled lawn mower starts right up and then dies.

@jayg "if i put fuel into the carb it fires and then dies" sounds like you are having trouble with the needle valve in your bowl. You may have fuel in there but it may not get through your carb. Remove the bowl, set the float height and check the needle valve.

tempBriggs-and-Stratton-Carb-Overhaul.pdf

Check the air filters. If they're clogged, the engine might not be getting enough air. Either clean or replace them.

Jason Garber will be eternally grateful.